The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists’ website denotes the following mission (below) for the Communications Department (worldwide). This statement, likewise, encapsulates the Beacon Light Communications Ministry’s work on our local level:
"Building bridges of hope" is the mission statement of the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Communication Department (Beacon Light Communications Ministry). We work toward this goal by reaching out to diverse church audiences -- both internally and externally -- through many avenues of communication. Creating informative and intuitive websites, updating social media sites, and writing news stories and press releases are some of the ways we share our message. Through our work, we foster a clearer image of the church, its mission, activities and witness, so that many will become followers of Christ and members of His church.” (Source info)
Our hope is to help all of the ministries of the Beacon Light Seventh-day Adventist Church to do what Matthew 28:19 -20 speaks of:
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
The Communications Ministry’s oversight includes:
Content (photos, links, text, and online calendar) and graphic design (including event graphics) for the website
We have a One Call Now calling post service. It allows us to provide information/announcements to enrolled members and friends.
Beacon Light eNews
The Communications Ministry sends out regular announcements and events to enrolled members and friends via an electronic newsletter.
The Communications Ministry assists with photographing key events and adding photos to the website and social media sites.
Article writing and content editing
The Communications Ministry assists with writing articles for publication on the church website and other publications.
Other materials for special projects and events
How Can You Get Connected?
- Check out our website often to see features (on the homepage), view sermons or other media, read about our Ministries, pay your tithes and offering (under Online Giving), review the online Calendar for events and more.
- Please follow us on: Facebook ∣ Twitter ∣ Instagram
- Are you receiving the Beacon Light calling post and/or electronic newsletter? If you need to be added or to update your information,
Announcement Submission Process:
- Ministry Leaders, please remember to submit your ministry announcements (only announcements)no later than Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m. to email@example.com.
- Please Note: items received after the deadline will be considered for the next week.
Ways We Can Help Ministry Leaders...
- If you would like to request a "feature" or "flyer" for your ministry for an upcoming event (to be appear on our website, eNews, or social media (ideally 6-8 weeks in advance)), OR if you would like to set up a consultation regarding other communications/PR materials for your ministry or an event, OR if you want to request instructions and the specifications for a potential home page feature graphic or flyer (for your team plans to design), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call/text us at 816.895-28BL (2825). If you are going to design yourself - wonderful; please touch base with us first so you will have the correct specs before starting!
- NOTE: All graphics or publications/flyers should be 300 dpi or better!